We’re Looking for Someone Who Is
- A believer in technical excellence and is self-motivated
- Humble and willing to learn & share knowledge with teammates
- A craftsman, problem solver, and innovator
- Capable of balancing user experience and client expectations
- Mindful of usability, accessibly, optimization, budget, and deadlines
- A lifelong learner
- Strong moral/ethical character
- Permanent US resident
- ASP.NET MVC and Web Forms
- SQL database design & querying fundamentals
- Twitter Bootstrap familiarity is a plus
- Experience working with a modern CMS is a plus (Kentico, Joomla, etc.)
- Experience with Vue.js or similar is a plus
- Understanding of basic responsive design principles
- Preference toward clean HTML (XHTML/HTML5) & CSS
- A basic understanding of XSS, SQL injection and other vulnerabilities commonly exploited in attacks against websites is a plus
- An appreciation for the importance of usability in web apps and mobile websites
Soft Skills & Requirements
- Confidence and good verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Healthy humility and a respect for other people's ideas
- Computer Science degree is a plus, but not necessary if you have a firm grasp of programming fundamentals and theory
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a significant development role
Benefits & Compensation
- Work from anywhere and telecommute with professional, respectful teammates
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work schedule
We’re a small team of A players headquartered in Michigan. While the company is nearly 20 years old, we still have the culture and tenacity of a startup, but with the stability of a well cared for enterprise.
A few of the things we do really well:
- Create highly usable, responsive, websites and web apps
- Create, manage, and host a growing suite of SaaS web-based services
- Provide highly secure website and application hosting
- Work well together as a close-knit, respectful team that takes immense pride in doing great work
- We are a very casual and respectful team of professionals who pitch in wherever and whenever needed to help one another succeed. We’re passionate about creating an exceptional experience for users. We also believe strongly in a healthy balance between work and personal life.
We believe in being honest, respectful, and ethical. We're professionals, and as such we hold ourselves and our work to high standards. We're family friendly, so we work very little overtime and we enjoy flexibility in our work schedules to accommodate family needs.
Working on a specialist team like ours will provide unique opportunities for a developer to touch many aspects of a project not often available in larger organizations. You will work in a team setting where each project will have a project manager, senior UI designer, senior software engineer, a DevOps engineer, and you will participate in all phases of development, including planning, prototyping, coding, and deployment. One of our goals for the person in this position is to provide the training and experiences necessary to grow into a senior level developer.
Upload your cover letter (include salary requirements and references, if available) and resume below. We interview ideal candidates by video, telephone, or in person.